Whilst some timber yards will only machine timber if you bought it from them, Quay Timber is more than happy to machine any timber you bring in (upon inspection*) - and with our range of machines we can tackle most jobs that would leave the average person in a fix.
Simply drop into the yard or call us to discuss the specifics of any machining job you need us to undertake.
We have the following machines available for use:
- Cross Cut - This circular saw is used for cutting timber to the right length.
- Table Saw - This table-mounted circular saw is used to 'rip' boards along their length.
- Bandsaw - Our heavy duty bandsaws are used to 'rip' any timber that is too deep to cut with the table saw.
- Wall Saw - This hydraulic powered saw is used to cut large sheets such as plywood either horizontally or vertically.
- Spindle Moulder - This machine is used to add a profile to a length of timber, making it perfect for creating things like skirting boards.
- Router - This is used to add a shape to the edge of a piece of timber, such as a chamfer or round.
- Planer - This is used to reduce the thickness of a piece of timber, or to simply apply a smooth finish to rough sawn timber.
- Mitre Saw - This adjustable saw is used to cut a length of timber at an angle.
- Belt Sander - This handheld sander is useful for cleaning and finishing reclaimed wood.
- Chainsaw - For tough pieces of timber like reclaimed railway sleepers, a chainsaw is the best way to get through them.
* Wood containing metals or foreign elements is unsafe for cutting.
NEW: We now have the capability to machine custom skirting, with the ability to match profiles up to a height of 100mm. To get a quote, please bring a sample of the board you are trying to match to our yard.